As part of the Horizon2020 project within the European University Alliance “Unite!”, we will jointly participate in this years’ European Researchers’ Night. Our event will target High School pupils (15-18 years) and future students in 7 European cities and regions: Lisbon, Barcelona, Grenoble, Turin, Darmstadt, Stockholm, and Helsinki.
The objectives of the online event will be:
- To briefly present the European University “Unite!” and its offer for prospective students (presented by the Secretary-General) and to present the European University initiative (presented by DG EAC)
- To show that the researcher’s job is interesting, exciting, amazing and provides an opportunity to work with colleagues from all around the world
- To explain some elements of the research field on sustainable energy such as Nuclear, Hydrogen, Smart grids, Catalysts and Fuel cells, Bioenergy, batteries, and Energy storage
Time & Place: 24th September 2021 from 10.00 am CET to 11.30 am CET (online)
- Tine Delva – Deputy Head of Unit - European Commission Directorate-General for Education, Youth, Sport, and Culture
- Dr. Andreas Winkler – Secretary-General of Unite!
- Researchers from all 7 universities of Unite! Aalto University, KTH, TU Darmstadt, Politecnico di Torino, INP-Grenoble, UPC Barcelona, Universidade de Lisboa
Moderator of the session: Professor Jorge Maia Alves – School of Sciences, Universidade de Lisboa.
Foto: Wind turbines in a rapeseed field in Sandesneben, Germany. License – CCA 2.0 Generic, Credit: Jürgen Guerito/Wikimedia Commons